Stuff is growing over here. We’re looking for a great Short Order Cook. To start right away.
Table on Ten is a cafe in rural Bloomville NY. We work with local producers, offering a seasonal and experimental menu with strong week-to-week emphasis on great ingredients and what’s being harvested right here, right now. On weekend evenings we serve brick oven pizzas, with a full wine and beer list. The microshop carries local and specialty items, some of which are made in-house. We also host workshops, events, pop-up dinners and collaborations with guest chefs and occasionally cater events locally and in New York City.
It’s a small, close-knit, exciting, vibrant, creative environment. We work hard as a team, share responsibilities and have high standards.
We’re looking for somebody who can:
• participate fully in the day-to-day operation of the kitchen, follow food production schedules and ensure highest level of food quality, taste and presentation.
• participate actively in actual food preparation, maintain consistently high standards of food quality, taste and presentation.
• manage food cost through intelligent practice of food preparation and handling.
• in conjunction with the proprietor, establish goals for the kitchen, anticipate and resolve issues, anticipate trends, undertake approved profit-oriented and cost saving ideas.
• understand and adhere strictly to Health Department and food handling guidelines.
• in conjunction with the proprietor, develop menu items, create and ensure adherence to recipes and product specifications. Train interns and seasonal workers on new menu items.
• conduct regular inspections of the kitchen/dishwashing area, workspaces, storage areas and coolers, and act promptly to correct deficiencies found during inspection.
• ability to work in a close-knit team environment.
• ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
• show commitment to quality service, food and beverage knowledge.
• intermediate understanding of professional cooking and food preparation skills.
• proven interest in food prepared with sustainably farmed, locally sourced ingredients.
• knowledge and understanding of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
• previous kitchen experience required.
• professional, personable communication skills.
• flexibility in assuming different roles within the life of the café; front-of-house skills, helping to prepare and maintain the dining areas and microshop, being aware of stock levels, serving food in the café and at the counter.
• ability to take direction.
• must be able to work evenings, weekends and some holidays.
• must have own transport and housing.
+- 40 hours a week
Please send an introduction with contact details, resumé and any supporting information to Inez at email@example.com